You can create a on-premises setup by deploying Accurics on an Azure Virtual Machine (VM) in your environment. The steps provided in this section are for deploying Accurics on a bare minimum VM configuration for the purpose of demonstration only. If you wish to go for a full-scale production setup, contact your Accurics Account Manager.
Create an Azure VM
- Login to the Azure Portal and click + Virtual machine to create a new virtual machine.
- On the Create a virtual machine page > Basics tab:
- select an existing Resource group or create a new one
- enter a Virtual machine name
- select the appropriate authentication type
Retain the default values for other fields.
- Keep the default values on all other tabs. Click Review + create.Your new virtual machine gets created and shows up on the Virtual machines page.
Note: Azure may charge you depending on your specified configuration.
- Click the Virtual machine to view its details. Then go to the Networking tab and add an inbound port rule for port 8080. This allows you to access the Accurics console using a browser. The Accurics console gets installed while installing Accurics on the VM.
Install Accurics on the Azure VM
You will get a zip file (accurics-deployment-for-poc.zip) through email from Accurics for installing a standalone instance of Accurics on a virtual machine.
To install Accurics:
- Copy the zip file on to the Azure VM.
scp -i ~/Downloads/<your-key>.pem accurics-deployment-for-poc.zip azureuser@<your-ip>:~ accurics-deployment-for-poc.zip
The Azure PEM file is required in order to copy a file to your Azure instance.
- SSH to the Azure VM instance.
ssh -i <your-key>.pem azureuser@<public-ip>
- Move the zip file from the root directory to the accurics directory.
mv accurics-deployment-for-poc.zip ./accurics/.
- Install “zip” for extracting the zip file.
sudo apt install zip -y
- Extract the zip file at the current location.
- Run the installer script.
Enter the AWS Access Key ID and the AWS Secret Access Key when prompted. You will get these from Accurics through email.
Set the Default region name as us-east-2 and Default output format as json.
Login to the Accurics console
- Open your browser, and go to http://<your-public-dns>:8080/login
Use the IP address of the VM where Accurics is deployed.
- Use the login credentials received from Accurics through email.